Effective date: 25 May 2018
Wendy Monaghan Editing Services (‘I’, ‘me’, ‘my’) operates the website http://www.wendymonaghan.com.au (the ‘Service’).This page informs you of my policies regarding the collection, use, and disclosure of personal data when you use my Service and the choices you have associated with that data.I use your data to provide and improve the Service. By using the Service, you agree to the collection and use of information in accordance with this policy.
The Service is the website http://www.wendymonaghan.com.au operated by Wendy Monaghan Editing Services,
Personal Data’means data about a living individual who can be identified from those data (or from those and other information either in my possession or likely to come into my possession).
Usage Data is data collected automatically, either generated by the use of the Service or from the Service infrastructure itself (for example, the duration of a page visit).
Cookies are small pieces of data stored on your device (computer or mobile device).
Data Controller means the natural or legal person who (either alone or jointly or in common with other persons) determines the purposes for which and the manner in which any personal information is, or is to be, processed.
Data Processors (or Service Providers)
Data Processor (or Service Provider) means any natural or legal person who processes the data on behalf of the Data Controller.I may use the services of various Service Providers in order to process your data more effectively.
Data Subject (or User)
Data Subject is any living individual who is using my Service and is the subject of Personal Data.
Information Collection And Use
I collect several different types of information for various purposes to provide and improve my Service to you.
Types of Data Collected
While you are using my Service, I may ask you to provide me with certain personally identifiable information that can be used to contact or identify you (‘Personal Data’). Personally identifiable information may include, but is not limited to:
- Email address
- First name and last name
- Phone number
- Country of residence
- Whether English is your first language
- Cookies and Usage Data
I may also collect information about how the Service is accessed and used (‘Usage Data’). This Usage Data may include information such as your computer’s Internet Protocol address (e.g. IP address), browser type, browser version, the pages of my Service that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data.
Tracking Cookies Data
Cookies are files with small amount of data that may include an anonymous unique identifier. Cookies are sent to your browser from a website and stored on your device. Tracking technologies also used are beacons, tags and scripts to collect and track information and to improve and analyse my Service.
You can instruct your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, if you do not accept cookies, you may not be able to use some portions of my Service.
Examples of Cookies I use:
- Session Cookies. I use Session Cookies to operate my Service.
- Preference Cookies. I use Preference Cookies to remember your preferences and various settings.
- Security Cookies. I use Security Cookies for security purposes.
Use of Data
Wendy Monaghan Editing Services uses the collected data for various purposes:
- To provide and maintain my Service
- To notify you about changes to my Service
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of my Service when you choose to do so
- To provide customer support
- To gather analysis or valuable information so that I can improve my Service
- To monitor the usage of my Service
- To detect, prevent and address technical issues
Legal Basis for Processing Personal Data Under General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
Wendy Monaghan Editing Services may process your Personal Data because:
- I need to perform a contract with you
- You have given me permission to do so
- The processing is in my legitimate interests and it’s not overridden by your rights
- To comply with the law
Retention of Data
Wendy Monaghan Editing Services will also retain Usage Data for internal analysis purposes. Usage Data is generally retained for a shorter period of time, except when this data is used to strengthen the security or to improve the functionality of my Service, or I am legally obligated to retain this data for longer time periods.
Transfer Of Data
Your information, including Personal Data, may be transferred to—and maintained on—computers located outside of your state, province, country or other governmental jurisdiction where the data protection laws may differ from those in your jurisdiction.
If you are located outside Australia and choose to provide information to me, please note that I transfer the data, including Personal Data, to Australia and process it there.
Disclosure Of Data
Disclosure for Law Enforcement
Under certain circumstances, Wendy Monaghan Editing Services may be required to disclose your Personal Data if required to do so by law or in response to valid requests by public authorities (e.g. a court or a government agency).
Wendy Monaghan Editing Services may disclose your Personal Data in the good faith belief that such action is necessary:
- To comply with a legal obligation
- To protect and defend the rights or property of Wendy Monaghan Editing Services
- To prevent or investigate possible wrongdoing in connection with the Service
- To protect the personal safety of users of the Service or the public
- To protect against legal liability
Security Of Data
The security of your data is important to me, but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. While I strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Data, I cannot guarantee its absolute security.
Your Data Protection Rights Under General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
If you are a resident of the European Economic Area (EEA), you have certain data protection rights. Wendy Monaghan Editing Services aims to take reasonable steps to allow you to correct, amend, delete or limit the use of your Personal Data. If you wish to be informed what Personal Data I hold about you, and if you want it to be removed from my systems, please contact me. In certain circumstances, you have the following data protection rights:
- The right to access, update or to delete the information I have on you. Whenever made possible, you can access, update or request deletion of your Personal Data by contacting me.
- The right of rectification. You have the right to have your information rectified if that information is inaccurate or incomplete.
- The right to object. You have the right to object to my processing of your Personal Data.
- The right of restriction. You have the right to request that I restrict the processing of your personal information.
- The right to data portability. You have the right to be provided with a copy of the information I have on you in a structured, machine-readable and commonly used format.
- The right to withdraw consent. You also have the right to withdraw your consent at any time where Wendy Monaghan Editing Services relied on your consent to process your personal information.
You have the right to complain to a Data Protection Authority about my collection and use of your Personal Data. For more information, please contact your local data protection authority in the European Economic Area (EEA).
I may employ third party companies and individuals to facilitate my Service (‘Service Providers’), to provide the Service on my behalf, to perform Service-related services or to assist me in analysing how my Service is used.
These third parties have access to your Personal Data only to perform these tasks on my behalf and are obligated not to disclose or use it for any other purpose.
I may use third-party Service Providers to monitor and analyse the use of my Service.
Google Analytics is a web analytics service offered by Google that tracks and reports website traffic. Google uses the data collected to track and monitor the use of my Service. This data is shared with other Google services. Google may use the collected data to contextualise and personalise the ads of its own advertising network.
For more information on the privacy practices of Google, please visit the Google Privacy Terms web page: http://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/
Links To Other Sites
I have no control over and assume no responsibility for the content, privacy policies or practices of any third party sites or services.
My Service does not address anyone under the age of 18 (‘Children’).
I do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from anyone under the age of 18. If you are a parent or guardian and you are aware that your Children have provided me with Personal Data, please contact me. If I become aware that I have collected Personal Data from children without verification of parental consent, I take steps to remove that information from my servers.
By visiting this page on my website: https://www.wendymonaghan.com.au/contact.html